INTRODUCTION TO OUR SCHOOL OF MASSAGE THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM
THE NAMASTÉ INSTITUTE APPROACH
At Namasté Institute School of Massage, we love what we do and endeavor to nurture and empower each individual's realization of their own unique goals and dreams. At the Namasté Institute School of Massage our curriculum delivers massage information in a way which students can embody, rather than simply memorize, the valuable information and skills required by healing facilitators.
The Namasté approach is distinctive because it combines Western and Eastern bodywork techniques with modern medical knowledge and holistic healing skills with profound awareness of the transformational impact of therapeutic touch. As a therapist in training, you will learn to cultivate awareness of self and others, intuitive and somatic sensitivity, presence, and self-confidence within your practice.
Most mportantly, Namasté Institute's School of Massage program is taught by experienced faculty members who combine their philosophies of
holistic health, personal growth, and compassionate service. Wise, humble, and dedicated, these remarkable teachers have been specifically selected for their knowledge, authenticity, and experience. In the classes and during training, the students will receive personalized and caring attention, fostering the development of unique styles of bodywork and healing.
HOLISTIC MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAMS & GOALS
Massage Therapy is a scientifically proven and effective therapy for relieving stress, physical and emotional pain, and trauma. It has been used as preventative healthcare for thousands of years to release bodymind tension, increase self-awareness, and stimulate the unlimited natural resources of the body to re-establish integrated levels of health, wellbeing and wholeness.
Namasté Institute's School of Massage offers an exceptional Massage Therapy training that combines a variety of western and eastern bodywork techniques, science, and subtle anatomy for an integrated approach to holistic health and healing. The Foundational Holistic Massage Therapist Program is oriented toward career preparation, personal growth, and healing. Our goal is to facilitate students in becoming Holistic Health Therapists who are prepared professionally and emotionally to establish their own private practices, wellness centers, and clinics, and to work in relationship with hospitals, treatment centers, medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists and psychotherapists. All of our programs offer an extensive foundation of medical knowledge and holistic healing skills required by professional therapists.
- To teach you bodywork grounded in science and subtle healing techniques oriented toward self awareness, bodymind stress reduction, somatic pain relief, and rehabilitation
- To teach you how bodywork and healing techniques effect the client and therapist on all levels of being, physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual
- To provide you with a strong foundation in anatomy, physiology, neuroanatomy, pathology, and kinesiology in order for you to develop into a professional therapist
- To teach you how to integrate all techniques into a unique style which fully expresses who you are
- To give you the tools and resources you need to create and sustain a self care program and a successful massage therapy practice
- To prepare you for entrance to the National Certification Exam (NCE)
- To qualify you for full membership in the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
and or the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP) organization
- To effectively
deliver the highest quality of education to each student by taking into account their individual learning
To learn more about the Namasté pedagogy you can visit:
the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
John Dewey Progressive Education
Five Wisdoms Institute
Mindfulness in Education